Effective English Communication Course 1 Day
Effective English Communication Course
How To Master Effective Verbal English Communication Skills?
Duration: 1 day (7 hours) 10am to 6pm
Have you ever had the experience where after a meeting with the boss or a colleague, you wished you had handled the situation more effectively?
If truth be told, we all have.
This one-day English communication course equips you with strategies, skills, techniques, tips and tools to have fewer regrets about how you handled interviewers, bosses, colleagues and members of the public. There will be fewer times when you are lost for words, speechless or tongue-tied.
- Improve the English communication outcomes you want to achieve
Capitalise on your strengths and minimise weaknesses
- Appreciate different communication styles and use the most effective style in each situation
- Identify the barriers and pitfalls of communication, and develop ways to skirt around them
- Capitalise on listening as a springboard to ask the right questions
- Develop appropriate paraverbal and nonverbal communication skills
1. How to maximise the English communication process and overcome barriers to communication
2. Reality check – assessing how effective your current communication skills are and how to use different communication styles for different situations.
3. Strategies for breaking the ice to keep the communication flowing and making body language and proper tone work
4. Use pausing, pace and pronunciation for greater impact with adopting and mirror the language of others.
5. How to use formal and informal language where appropriate
6. Use the subtleties of language for greater impact
7. Adopt alternative easy to understand communication styles
Experiential learning, case studies, class discussions, self-assessment, reflection and action plan.
This course is for
Public Sector and Private Sector – applicable to all working adults
Singaporeans age of 25 yrs old and above Eligible to claim SkillsFuture Credit for this 1-day course
Effective English Communication Skills 1-Day Course schedule
|Batch ID||Course||Start Date||Date & Time||Fee / Student|
|D112707 Fri||Effective Communication 1-Day course||27 Jul||Fri 10am to 6pm||$340|
|D112807 Sat||Effective Communication 1-Day course||28 Jul||Sat 10am to 6pm||$340|
|D112408 Fri||Effective Communication 1-Day course||24 Aug||Fri 10am to 6pm||$340|
|D112508 Sat||Effective Communication 1-Day course||25 Aug||Sat 10am to 6pm||$340|
|D112809 Fri||Effective Communication 1-Day course||28 Sep||Fri 10am to 6pm||$340|
|D112909 Sat||Effective Communication 1-Day course||29 Sep||Sat 10am to 6pm||$340|
|D112610 Fri||Effective Communication 1-Day course||26 Oct||Fri 10am to 6pm||$340|
|D112710 Sat||Effective Communication 1-Day course||27 Oct||Sat 10am to 6pm||$340|
|D112311 Fri||Effective Communication 1-Day course||23 Nov||Fri 10am to 6pm||$340|
|D112411 Sat||Effective Communication 1-Day course||24 Nov||Sat 10am to 6pm||$340|
Our Course Trainers
Susan McKenzie is a passionate English teacher, fluent in British English, American English and International English. Susan is experienced in teaching IELTS, TOEFL, and conversational and business English for adults. This includes business writing, presentation skills and corporate training. Susan is also an experienced children’s teacher from pre-reading to reading, and from kindergarten to primary and secondary school including creative writing, and preparation for the PSLE, ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels.
Susan’s English credentials include having been a book author, a book editor and sub-editor of the Tatler group of publications. Holder of law degrees with specialisation in practical business law, Susan is a London and Singapore-trained lawyer and English teacher who has worked at the British Council, the British High Commission and the British Railways Board.
Susan encourages participation, promoting confident usage of newly-acquired knowledge. Susan shares experience, wisdom and practical insights including leadership, high-performance teamwork, personal development, business development and management.
Sam Kunalen comes from a high-level English-speaking family. He underwent English-teacher training with a Ministry of Education English trainer and taught English for around two years at the language branch of the Ministry of Defence. He conducts interactive sessions where students are able to immediately use the type of English they want to express.
Sam is a London-trained barrister and an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. Holder of LLB(Honours) and LLM(Distinction) degrees from the University of London, he has extensively taught commercial law subjects and co-authored books on company law and the English legal system.
Sam is also a member of the committee to develop facility management with the Green Building Council of Singapore and the Building Construction Authority. He conducts drafting contractual clauses classes for facility managers.